Disc hosting is web management interface for hosting non-profit websites and email. It aims to make it simple to host many small websites and offer handy tools to the people maintaining the website.
You can download the Dischosting sources from the SourceForge project page (from cvs!). An installation manual can be found here.
Version 0.1.1 is released! (2004-08-16)
You can download version 0.1.1 from here. The main reason to call this a release is to synchronise manual versions. Several translations are on their way now...
- LDAP based information-storage
- Web based interface for administrators, helpdesk, domain owners and users
- Statistics for system administrators and domain owners
- Email management, including webmail, pop and imap support and managable spam and virus filtering.
- Mailinglists on each domain
- Webserver with PHP support
- FTP access to manage the website
- Installing a wiki through the management interface, without installation
- Using a CMS (drupal) through the management interface, without installation
- MySQL databases available for every hosted domain
- A streaming video directory for every hosted domain (see docs)
- Streaming live and pre-recorded MP3's (see docs, sorry only in Dutch now)
The programs used to accomplish all this are:
- August 27, 2004There is a mailinglist available at http://www.dischosting.nl/mailman/listinfo/developers
- August 26, 2004Language support goes public in CVS
- August 16, 2004Released code as version 0.1.1
- July 2004Rewritten the installation manual. It's almost complete now...
- June 2004Two new installs and good feedback for improvements!
- April 10, 2004Allthough we dont see a reason to do a release yet, code from cvs is there for download and it works fine!
- April 6, 2004With software like this, the installation manual is cruxial, so that's where our energy is nowadays. Checkout the installation documents till now.
- April 4, 2004Implementation started on a second server: sbip.nl
- March 23, 2004Official presentation of the project @ Waag Society
- March 19,2004 Going public: the code might not be that clean, but it works.
- Februari, March Debugging
- Januari 19, 2004 First customer on http://geluidsnet.dischosting.nl
- Januari 15, 2004 First installation of the full system
- November, December 2003 Building and testing
- October 27, 2003 First negociations with Waag Society about this project
DiscHosting is supposed to be a public effort to give non-profit organisations
the most comfortable hosting solution with the lowest possible helpdesk effort.
Subscribe to our mailinglist and help us code!
This software is available under the GNU Public License